The art of matress testing

A tough job, but someone's got to do it

Friday, April 28, 2006

Leaving for the flight

I procrastinated until the last minute to pack, took me an hour and then I'm off around 7:30am (2hr15m before flight) in a taxi.

On the way there, I made small chats with the taxi driver. He's an Indian guy who's been driving for 2 years and he's mad as hell about it. Apparently he was also in Sydney before he came to Toronto.
Somewhere in our conversation I mentioned that Toronto is sort of nice place to live, then he just snapped, what's so good about living here? Transportation totally sucks compared to Sydney, the trains/subways there go everywhere. They keep complaining about not having enough population to support the infrastructure, but look at the traffic on the streets! it's packed! Government here is so bloody stupid. In Australia, car insurance is $400 per year, and the gas prices do not change minute by minute, so if you factor in the cost of transportation, plus the fact that you don't have a cold winter, it's cheaper to live there, and those little things keep people happy.

I guess since he's a taxi driver, his perspective is transportation based. But he does have a good point. Sydney is just as cosmopolitan as Toronto, and the Australians also have a universal healthcare system.
I ran out of time, but I was going to tell him that, Toronto is nice to live in because I live there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home