The art of matress testing

A tough job, but someone's got to do it

Friday, September 23, 2005

Bondi Beach

What a fantastic location, we took the subway for 3 stations and a 10 minute bus ride, and we're at a beautiful beach.

We grabed a table with a nice view and had lunch by the sea, what an amazing view.

Anyway, the beach have a "Surfboard hire" rental shop, where they rent out wet suits and provide lockers. A nice gentleman called Neil runs the place, he seemed to like Barb a lot. Every beach should have a place for lockers like that.

I rented a soft board, smaller than the long ones that we learned from, I can barely stay on top of it, nevermind standing up. I caught some waves and almost took out someone with a the board, yikes. Surfing, even without standing up is a lot of fun, I like it. There was a girl that keeps hoping on the beach breaks and the back wash, so she caught a lot of small waves without much paddling. I wish I was that good.

*edited* haha added pictures, got the Chinaman squinty eyes thing going... for you I give you good plice!!!

One thing that I forgot is how sticky you get after swimming in saltwater, so the fact that I took 5 minutes to get out of the wet suit had nothing to do we me being fat. :P

Afterwards I went for a Didge lesson, which I failed at miserably - so I'll have to head back again tomorrow between the wedding and the reception. So apparently it's sort of like playing a trumpet except more relaxed, but all I did was to make farting sounds into a hollow log, how sad.

I also did some gift shopping, a Kangaroo for my nephew Morris, etc. Gift shopping is stressful, I have great difficulty with it...

What should I get mom? She's been to Australia before..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home