The art of matress testing

A tough job, but someone's got to do it

Saturday, September 17, 2005


Head is still swimming from the time difference..

Went to the aquarium yesterday, it was amazing! The whole aquatic theme and my jet-lagging made for a surreal experience.

The Sydney Aquarium is probably the coolest aquarium that I've ever been, although I haven't spent much time in Chicago's Shedd Aquarium.

They have an underwater tunnel for each of the seal, shark and barrier reef tanks.

The shark tank was particularly impressive... They have HUGE sharks size of cars, stingrays that are even larger.. and apparently through the glass, things appear 25% smaller!

We struggled to take pictures, but it was too dark, and the flash interfered with the pictures.

I was particularly interested in the Platypus the duck billed webbed feet four legged mammal.
Probably will find a stuffed one to bring back to Morris.

We walked around Darling Harbour after the acquarium, giving the Chinese garden a miss. They have the best crepe here from some Crazy Crepes place... hmm..

One of the shops is called the outback store, sells mostly Australian aboriginal art and equipment. A staff there was playing a 3 foot didgeridoo and that caught my attention.
It makes the dwoing-dwowing kind of low funny sounds.
They have classes, so I'm going to sign up to learn how to play the didge after we come back from surfing. They didn't allow pictures to be taken, but they have elaborate art on each of them.

A didge sells for $130 for a G key one, all the way up to a $800 concert C. Besides the low funny noise it makes, I think it makes for a great decoration in any home.

After Darling harbour, which was right next to China town and 10 minutes from the hotel - we met up with Brandon and Sue (the couple getting married) and went off to have dinner.
There was some adventure with finding parking space, but little I know it was a high end French restaurant!
My sandles and track pants contiki tourist attire didn't quite fit in, I can tell that the staff wasn't comfortable.

I had mussel brisque, and escagot, and a salmon pasta. It was pretty good, but the flavor is too strong for my taste.

Files are still being uploaded.... I'll link in pictures soon.
ftp://ftp36538318-5:dropoff@utmail.to/sydney

Today - Contiki tour to bus north! I wonder if I'm too old for the tour....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home