The art of matress testing

A tough job, but someone's got to do it

Friday, April 28, 2006

Climb the hill to get home

After dinner dad went back to his office to do more work, so me and my mom decided to take the treacherous climb back home, 135 meters elevation in 1 km.

Actually, we just took a series of escalators up to Conduit Road where we stay. It's a damn good idea, because it moves the residents up and down the hill without clogging up the roads. Hmm, suddenly that Toronto bike tubes idea doesn't sound so strange anymore.

This escalator path actually livened up the businesses along the path, all kinds of cafe's, bars and salons are openned there. Because all the expat gwai-lo's and upper middle class live up at mid level on the hill.

Speaking of expats, lots of them here in central, you have expat Americans, F.I.L.T.H.'s (Failed in London Try Hong Kong), Indians, etc. Gives me a glimmer of hope that I can survive here if I had to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home