The art of matress testing

A tough job, but someone's got to do it

Saturday, April 29, 2006

5.5 day work week

I almost forgot, the standard work week is 9-5 Monday to Friday, 9-1 Saturday here in HK. So my mother and I went with father to grab some Chinese style breakfast, it was a quick stroll down the escalator to the top of central, less than 10 minutes. Weather was hot and rainy.

After some banter between my mom and dad, we headed off to the IFC mall to burn some time until the Chinese Travel Center opens at 9am. Mom made me walk through the mall, she said I should see what stores are in there. So I went through 3 out of 4 floors of it, it's a huge, beautiful, hi-class mall, they have Godiva. Apparently the rent there is double that of other premium mall spaces. It helps that it's sitting right on top of the Hong Kong subway/airport checkin station.

I didn't feel comfortable walking through the mall before it opens, stores are all closed and people are just walking through it to get to work. There were security staff dressed in black suits and ear bud communicators every twenty paces, I felt very uncomfortable, I don't like their suspecting eyes. What's wrong with a young guy with shaved head walking through your high class mall before it opens?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home