The art of matress testing

A tough job, but someone's got to do it

Friday, April 28, 2006

Luggage

Apparently, they screwed up writing down the addess I stay at, so they delivered it to the other side of the island. It was around 12:30am when they actually delivered my backpack back to me. Yay, real cotton undies.

My parent's couldn't get a cable modem installed because the technician said the wire is too noisy, and they didn't want to subscribe to the competition's DSL service, so they stuck with dial up..

It's just a waste of time to upload pictures and movies through dial up, I'll have to upload them when I find a faster connection.

What I learned from my last trip though, is that pictures should be sorted as soon as possible, because they stack up fast.

Tomorrow: apply for new Hong Kong smart card ID, and the pass to go into China.

Once I get the smart card HKID, I will not need to see customs officials when coming to HK, there are automatic kiosks for that function. This is the kind of card that Bush wants to implement at the US/Canadian border.

Apparently, if you have a choice, you should always go with the HK pass to go into China instead of using the Canadian passport. Or else you can be given the gwai lo treatment, and that can't be a good thing.

The application for the China pass is all electronic, you walk into the kiosk, look at the camera and use the touch screen --- same technology that will be used to sell Olympic tickets in Beijing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home