The art of matress testing

A tough job, but someone's got to do it

Saturday, April 29, 2006

No China

I am caught in an administrative limbo, the pass to go into China will take 12 work days to process instead of the expected 3 days. There is absolutely nothing I can do about it, I cannot try to apply for a visa using my Canadian passport either, because I never announced to the central government that I want to give up my Chinese citizenship.

I am pretty upset, I will not be able to see China at the level of detail that I wanted, and I will have to reschedule some flights if I want to see China at all. I suppose I'll have to spread any anti-revolutionary thoughts here in HK only.

Mom said that we should go to see India instead, because she wants to see the Taj Mahal.

The smart HKID process was a breeze compared to the "return to China" permit. I can write in English, instead of having to squeeze any Chinese characters out. I went in, and I was done within the hour.

The smart HKID office opens till 9pm tonigh, 9pm on a Saturday! How many Canadian government offices open on Saturday, let alone 9pm? Amazing.

I noticed an anti-racism poster in the office, strange, that a government is concerned about racial discrimination in a monocultural society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home